If Assassin’s Creed Valhalla slows down, freezes or crashes, check out this guide to help you solve these problems.
The game turned out to be quite demanding, and not all PC players can get consistently high fps on their systems. In this guide, we’ll show you which graphics settings you need to choose in order to achieve a balance between a beautiful picture and high performance.
But first, make sure your PC meets the game’s system requirements:
To run Assassin’s Creed Valhalla with minimum graphics settings, you need an AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or Intel i5-4460 processor, 8 GB of RAM, an AMD Radeon R9 380 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card. 5 1600 or Intel i7-6700, 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX 570 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card.
The game can run on more modest systems, but in this case, its stable operation is not guaranteed. In addition, it is recommended to update the video card drivers – this usually solves some of the performance-related problems. You can find the latest drivers on the official websites of AMD and NVIDIA.
Well, with the preface finished, let’s move on to optimization. Follow these tips to set up Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:
- Go to the “Graphics” tab in the game settings.
- Set custom graphics quality.
- Turn off the “Adaptive Quality” option.
- Set the World Detail setting to High. Do not lower it, as already at a medium value the saturation of the world will deteriorate significantly.
- Set the anti-aliasing level to high.
- Set shadow quality to “Medium” – not “Low”, otherwise the game will lose a lot of image quality.
- Set Volume Clouds to Medium, do not increase it beyond this value.
- Disable Screen Reflections.
- Set Water Quality to Medium.
- Set the environment and character textures to “Medium”. You can increase the quality of the textures if you have a powerful graphics card.
- Turn off the Depth of Field and Motion Blur options – they do not affect fps, but worsen the visual perception of the game.
These were the most demanding graphics settings in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. By changing them, you will be able to achieve better game performance on your PC.
Need more guides? Follow the link