An interesting variation on the equipment system in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is operator modifications. They are so unique that not even every weapon has access to them – there are only 14 models in the game.
We can install mods of this type after unlocking the map called Basic Operator Mod. Some weapons also have operator modifications.
It is important to note that the operator mod replaces all other additions. This means we can’t even use crosshairs with these weapons, which may not be a good option for some – but in this way, the creators wanted to balance the weapon’s capabilities.
Each operator modification also uses 2 gear points instead of 1 like all other gear items. We will only unlock mods after reaching the maximum level of a given weapon – so read the descriptions below to level up the weapon mod you like the most.
Major Operator Modifications
Below we will describe all types of main weapons to which we can mount an operator mod. We have divided the arsenal into appropriate categories.
- VAPR-XKG – Bayonet. You can make a fatal blow in a jump.
- Maddox RFB – Shot echo. Increases the rate of fire of each weapon with each shot.
- GKS – We shoot bursts of 4 bullets.
- Spitfire – Wildfire. Limiting rate of fire.
- Cordite is a cartridge with bullets. 540 rounds per clip.
- Saug 9mm – Dual weapon. We equip one weapon in each hand.
- Auger DMR – double shot. Each pull of the trigger is two instantaneous shots.
- ABR 223 – Repeat shots. The next series of shots get faster and faster as you hold the trigger.
- Swordfish – a series of five shots. 5 shots in a series instead of 3.
- Titan – Hits enemies that don’t hit.
- Hades – Significantly better accuracy when firing from the hip.
- VKM 750 is a heavy barrel. Big missiles that are easier to hit.
- Outlaw – It changes every shot into a 3-bullet combo.
- Koshka – Shooter. Significantly increases accuracy when shooting through optics.
The best modification of the operator is, in our opinion, the Double shot Auger DMR rifle. Works great at medium and long distances, and also copes with enemies at close range faster.