The base version of Call of Duty: WW2 offers a choice of 25 different weapon models from several categories. It is possible that new copies will be introduced as part of the DLC, but we will focus on those available in the main version of the game.
As always, each weapon can have a different use, depending on the situation, location, and target. Even within the same category, we can find better or worse weapons to use on different maps.
What weapon to choose
We will cover weapon models in the order of categories in the game, so let’s start with rifles – both automatic and semi-automatic rifles have been placed in this category. Call of Duty: WW2 doesn’t offer large open spaces.
We will also take machine guns, which can also be quite versatile. On the other hand, shotguns, sniper rifles and assault rifles are already more situational weapons. All of them can be great, but only in certain situations – for example, on one stage of the map in war mode. And
- The FG42 is not only the best machine gun, but also the best weapon (at the moment) in Call of Duty: WW2. It is possible that in the near future oan will be slightly weakened, so you should hurry up with unlocking. If you bought the game before the premiere and need to use the special unlock token, use it on the FG42. Huge damage and long-range effectiveness.
- STG44 – Equally effective in every Call of Duty it has appeared in. Versatile for use in almost any situation. It can be unlocked early, so it can serve as our main weapon until we can unlock the aforementioned FG42.
Returning to other categories of weapons, shotguns are perfect for bunkers and trenches, sniper rifles are indispensable in long sections (for example, on the map “Breakout operation at a bridge construction stop”), and light machine guns are best used for defense.
Speaking of weapon add-ons, it should be noted that in this version of Call of Duty, the silencer does not reduce damage, but only reduces the range of fire characteristics – this is worth keeping in mind.
In addition, each supplement can have its own use. Accessories can give new abilities to our weapons or enhance one of the weapon’s strengths. The most notable are:
- Confident Hand – Provides better accuracy when shooting from the hip, which is great for small maps.
- Rate of Fire – Increasing the rate of fire ensures quick kills at close range.
- Improved Threading – Increases the range of the weapon, which can help in the case of rifles or machine guns, which in the basic version are only good at close range.
- Reflex scope is the best type of scope.
To unlock additional accessories for this weapon, simply use it. The longer we play and defeat enemies with a certain weapon, the faster we level it up, so we get access to new additions.
You don’t need tokens to unlock accessories – accessories automatically appear as soon as the weapon reaches the required level. That’s why it’s worth equipping each Trial Add-On and going to HQ so you can see on the shooting range which set of accessories will fit best.