Recently, indie developers have begun porting video game classics to Android. First it was Half-Life 2, then Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and the original Diablo II closes the chain. Now the hands of enthusiasts have reached the legendary first-person shooter – Counter-Strike 1.6. And all thanks to the CS16Client application. It has already been downloaded by over 1 million users, and the average rating on Google Play is 4.5 stars out of 5. The project uses the Xash3D FWGS engine. It is worth noting that to run your favorite game, you will need the original version of CS 1.6.
To start the game, you need to download and install a couple of files, as well as dig into the folders on your Android device. CS16Client is not available for iOS and is unlikely to ever appear in the original App Store. Installation instructions are provided below. If you succeed or have any problems, urgently in the comments.
How to run Counter-Strike 1.6 on Android?
- Install the Xash3D FWGS engine and CS16Client
- Create xash folder in internal memory
- Install the licensed version of Counter-Strike 1.6 on Steam
- Copy the cstrike and valve folders to the xash we created
- After the first launch, you will be asked to specify the path to the xash folder