This is a new episode of the “Games of the Week” category, and in it we have collected information for you about all releases, tests, updates and other events related to online games that will occur between September 20-26, 2021. As always, we remind you that the article can be supplemented over time.
- Testing of a single client for all games from Riot Games will begin. The launcher will allow the launch of such projects as League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra and Valorant, as well as those that will appear in the future. At this stage it will be possible to evaluate the application by invitation only.
- The End of Dragons expansion for Guild Wars 2 will begin beta testing until September 25th. At this stage, players will be able to evaluate three new class specializations. Absolutely all players will be able to take part, including those who use free accounts.
- Ticket sales for the main stage of The International 2021 DOTA 2 Championship, which will be held in Bucharest, will begin. The stage itself will last from 7 to 10 October, and all visitors must be vaccinated and wear masks.
- The PC version of the isometric Action RPG Minecraft Dungeons will go on sale on Steam. There will be two editions to choose from: standard and maximum. The latter, in addition to the game itself, includes all paid add-ons, soundtrack and images.
- MOBA Pokémon UNITE will be released on mobile devices running iOS and Android. The game was previously only available on Nintendo Switch. The game will support cross-platform multiplayer and cross-progression.
- Mobile multiplayer shooter Call of Duty: Mobile will receive a birthday update with the start of Season 8. A new Blackout map will appear in the game and several special events will begin.
- The release of Diablo II: Resurrected – a remaster of the second part of the legendary series of isometric Action RPGs. The project will receive improved graphics (with the ability to return to the old one by pressing one button) and various changes, such as support for gamepads and auto-picking gold.
- Mobile strategy The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War will get to full release after a lot of tests. The game will be released in Russian on iOS and Android. The game will unfold in the Third Age of Middle-earth.
- The second technical testing of the multiplayer first-person shooter Halo Infinite will begin. Unlike the first stage, in which it was only allowed to play against bots, this time players will be able to fight in PvP. Arena (4 vs 4) and Big Team Battle (12 vs 12) modes will be available to choose from.
- A HeroWarz remake called NightMare Breaker will go into open beta in China. It is an isometric action RPG in the style of Diablo, done in an anime style. The original game was shut down in South Korea in 2017.
- The director’s cut of Death Stranding is released, but only on PlayStation 5. This edition offers improved graphics and many innovations, such as new locations, missions, buildings, weapons, racing mode and more.