The Twisted Abyss is considered one of the most climactic elements of Genshin Impact, only available after reaching Adventure Rank 20. The task requires a lot of patience and time due to the notorious grind of the game. In addition, gamers are expected to have leveled up their characters by then. In any case, here is a guide that should help.
The Twisted Abyss dungeon is inaccessible from the very beginning of the game. If you have already reached adventure rank 20, then you need to get to Cape Faith in the southeast of Mondstadt (shown on the map below). Once there, you will see a portal.
You won’t be able to reach this portal unless you find the three Seelie and have them reach their altars in the center of the area. After that, a portal will appear, which will move the player to the island of Reef Mask. It is there that the entrance to the Twisted Abyss dungeon is located.
What is the Twisted Abyss?
It’s kind of like an endless dungeon in Genshin Impact. Yes, it has an “end”, but the path to it is so long and difficult that few people managed to overcome it. The thing is, it’s hard work: users need to fully master the combat mechanics and elemental chains in Genshin Impact, as well as having the right characters.
It is worth noting that after entering the dungeon, you will not be able to open the menu. The ability to cook and eat, level up characters, change equipment, and so on will also disappear. Thus, it is better to prepare in advance in order to advance as far as possible. The good news is that progress is saved – you can return to the place where you left off, or you can start over.
In any case, there is a blessing in the dungeon that remains active throughout the passage – Blessing of the Abyss:
- During the battle, an aura will appear on the battlefield, restoring the character’s energy.
- Sprint leaves behind a ball of unstable energy that explodes after 1 second. Can occur once every 10 seconds. Up to 3 balls can exist at the same time.
The passage of the Twisted Abyss is a set of floors, each of which has three rooms (halls). Each room allows you to choose a temporary blessing. Some are available during a single chamber/scrum, while others are active throughout the entire floor. Here are some examples:
- +20% elemental skill damage (floor)
- +20% Explosive Attack Damage (Floor)
- +30% defense (floor)
- +40% defense while HP is over 50% (room)
The dungeon already has the “Blessing of the Abyss” buff, which lasts throughout the passage. Similarly, you have a selection of buffs that appear when the character reaches new rooms. However, “earth artery anomalies” are also available – modifiers that act on a specific floor:
- Floor 1 – Pyro damage of all party members increased by 75%, damage of the Overload status increased by 200%
- Floor 2 – cryo damage of all party members increased by 75%, the duration of the Freeze status was increased
- Floor 3 – Dispel status damage increased by 300% and its area of effect increased by 100%. Anemo damage of all party members increased by 75%.
- Floor 4 – electro damage of all squad members increased by 75%, damage of the Charged status increased by 150%, in its affected area – by 100%
- Floor 5 – increases attack power and defense by 25% when HP is above 50%, normal attack speed increases by 20% when HP is above 80%, movement speed increases by 20% when HP is above 80%, critical hit chance increases by 10% and critical damage by 20% when HP is above 95%
- Floor 6 – using an elemental explosion increases the attack power and defense of all squad members by 6%, can stack up to 10 times, at level 5 and above, stacking also increases the attack and movement speed of the character by 30%.
- Floor 7 – Critical hits will generate elemental spheres and particles, can occur once every 15 seconds, the critical damage of all party members is increased by 120%
- Floor 8 – Increases attack power and defense by 50% when HP is below 60%, normal attack speed increases by 30% when HP is below 45%, movement speed increases by 30% when HP is below 45%.
After completing all the battles on the eighth level, you will unlock even more floors as part of the next section of the dungeon.
Halls: battles, ranks and rewards
As mentioned earlier, the floors/halls of the Twisted Abyss offer a variety of rewards. If you click the “Reward Preview” button, you will see all the rewards that can be obtained after completing the halls.
Meanwhile, there are also additional rewards that can be obtained depending on the number of “stars” you have collected. If you finish the battle quickly or easily meet certain requirements, you will receive a maximum of three stars for the hall. This means that each floor brings a maximum of nine stars.
The more stars you get after completing the level, the greater the reward. For example, nine stars on the first floor are worth a whopping 300 Sourcestones and 60,000 gold.
Note: If you have not reached a certain number of stars on a floor, you will not be able to advance to the next level. In the same way, you can re-pass the previous floors if you missed a certain reward.
As for the battles, most of them won’t surprise you in any way, as all enemies are encountered during the passage of Genshin Impact. However, they tend to be a huge group – many halls require you to take out more than 20 mobs. In addition, there are other goals, such as preventing enemies from damaging the crystal.
Due to the sheer number of enemies to fight, it’s best to pick characters with high damage output or element binding abilities. We recommend Venty, Dilak, Fischl, Xiangling and other 4 or 5 star heroes. You can read more about all the characters in our guide. Healers (e.g. Jean, Barbara and others) will also come in handy since the cooking/eating function is not available in the dungeon. Most likely, heroes with a Geo element and a high level of protection will not be useful in the abyss, since speed and damage are key priorities.
Starting from the fifth floor, “waves” will appear. Instead of one encounter in each room, there will be two, causing the squad to split into two groups, so make sure you have the perfect lineups for both subgroups.
Note: the level of enemies will increase with each floor/hall, and already on the 9th floor, opponents of level 70+ will be waiting for you.
Special Rewards and Progress
Whatever it is, just try your best. If you can’t get past a certain floor or encounter, you can easily leave the dungeon, level up the characters and return later. The main goal in the initial stages is to get to and clear the hall number 3 on the 3rd level of the dungeon. Regardless of the stars you get, you will still be able to unlock Xiangling.
Note: If you have already purchased Xiangling through microtransactions, the reward received will be considered a “duplicate”. You will receive the “Stella Fortune” item, which will unlock the character’s special talents.
A source: pcinvasion.com