The puzzle in the Resident Evil Village atelier is one of several challenges Ethan faces in his attempt to escape the clutches of Lady Dimitrescu. And although it is much less deadly than the mistress of the castle herself and her daughters, this riddle can significantly slow down your passage until you finally figure out how it works and where to find these five hated bells.
The atelier is clearly marked on the map, but if that’s not enough for you, its location betrays a huge portrait of Lady Dimitrescu towering over Ethan. But if you look around, you won’t find any windows to jump out of or hidden levers to pull on.
However, if you approach the smaller painting in the middle of the room, you will find a note that mentions that five bells should ring. This is an important clue that will help you find a solution.
How to find all the bells
Basically, to solve the workshop puzzle in Resident Evil, you need to find five golden bells in the room and shoot them. You will understand that you are on the right track when you see a stream of fire running up from them, and their movement will not stop. Here is where these bells are located:
- The first one is waiting for you on the table on the left side of the room, next to the bust.
- The second one is on the right side of the room, if you look at the portrait. It is smaller than the first and stands on the closet.
- To find the third bell, take a close look at the gears on the right. He’s on the pendulum behind them, so you’ll need to time your shot.
- The fourth bell can be seen through the glass window by climbing the stairs at the back. Shoot through the glass first, then hit the bell.
- The fifth and final bell is hidden inside the candelabra above you. If you shoot him, he will bend down and open the bell.
When you ring all five bells, the painting will move, revealing a passage to a new part of Dimitrescu Castle. That’s all you need to know about the atelier puzzle in Resident Evil Village. And if you still need help with this game, take a look at our guides to crafting and solving the Ablution Room puzzle.
A source: gamewatcher.com