Crafting plays a rather important role in Resident Evil Village, giving Ethan the opportunity to resupply ammo, explosives, and healing items without having to return to the merchant each time. If you’ve been to the Baker’s house, then a lot of things will seem familiar to you.
Crafting is available in Resident Evil Village from the very beginning. To open its menu, enter the inventory with the Tab key, and then press E. Don’t be discouraged by a small number of recipes – as you progress, you will be able to learn more. At the same time, there is little you can do without the necessary resources.
Interface and recipes
The crafting interface in Resident Evil Village is divided into three parts. The top section is a brief description of what you plan to do and the resources needed. Below under the inscription “On Hand” you can see the types and amount of resources you have collected. And at the very bottom are all the recipes you know.
Resources can only be found in the surrounding area, so it’s always a good idea to study it carefully. There are five of them: reagent, green grass, rusty debris, gunpowder and metal debris. In our experience, recipes require up to three of those five resources.
And here is a list of crafting recipes known to us in Resident Evil Village:
- First aid kit (1) – 1 Herb + 1 Reagent – A first aid kit that fully restores your health.
- Handgun Ammo (15) – 2 Gunpowder + 2 Rusty Scrap – 15 Handgun Ammo
- Shotgun ammo (3) – 1 Gunpowder + 2 Rusty Scrap + 1 Reagent – 3 Shotgun Shells
- Sniper Rifle Ammo (4) – 2 Gunpowder + 1 Rusty Scrap + 1 Reagent – 4 Sniper Rifle Ammo
- pipe bomb (1) – 1 Gunpowder + 1 Scrap Metal – pipe bomb
- Mina (1) – 1 Rusty Scrap + 1 Metal Scrap – you get 1 Mine
- Explosive rounds (2) – 1 Gunpowder + 1 Scrap Metal + 1 Grass – 2 Explosive Rounds
- Flashbang (2) – 1 Reagent + 1 Rusty Scrap + 1 Grass – 2 Flashbang Grenades
If you have the necessary ingredients, you can always make any of the above items by simply clicking on the corresponding recipe in the menu. Ammunition can be used with any type of weapon of the corresponding category, so do not neglect the purchase and testing of new guns.
New recipes can be bought from the merchant, but some are only unlocked at certain points in the main storyline.
A source: gamewatcher.com