Microsoft has added the ability to install Android apps on an insider version of the Windows 11 operating system. The feature is currently only available in the US and supports about 50 selected apps, including programs and games. Their list will grow over time.
The official requirements are as follows:
- Your computer must be enrolled in the Windows Insider Program and must be at least version 22000.282.
- You need to enable virtualization for your PC’s BIOS / UEFI.
- The Microsoft Store version must be up to date.
- Your PC region must be set to US.
- You will also need an Amazon US account to use the Amazon Appstore.
However, netizens are already reportthat you can enable the function on the main version of Windows 11, as well as the ability to install third-party Apk applications. However, we cannot vouch for its performance, since we have not tested this method.
Microsoft has yet to clarify when exactly Android support will be available to all Windows 11 users.