Multiplayer shooter Squad received a massive 3.0 update with assault vehicles, a new large map, additional music, a fresh USMC force faction, and more.
Key innovations of the patch:
- New faction: A US Marine Corps force that specializes in tactical amphibious operations.
- Seven new faction vehicles: RHIB watercraft, M1151 light jeep, MATV armored vehicle, AAVP7-A1 armored personnel carrier, LAV-25A2 armored reconnaissance vehicle, M1A1 battle tank and UH1Y transport helicopter.
- Five new weapons: M16A4 full-size rifle, M4 carbine, anti-tank SMAW, M9 pistol and frag grenade.
- Landing capabilities: Previously impassable river and ocean terrain can now be crossed. Vehicles with amphibious capabilities can traverse deep waters, expanding players’ tactical and strategic options.
- New Black Coast map: The location has rocky, agricultural and other landscapes, and the gameplay on it mainly demonstrates the power of amphibious vehicles.
- Map updates: Narva, Albasrah, Skorpo, Fallujah and Goose bay maps have been updated to allow amphibious vehicles.
- New study card: Welcome to the Pacific Proving Ground.
- Visual effects: Dirt now accumulates on parts of players’ uniforms.
- New music in the main menu: brand new track from Squad composer Scott Tobin
- Canadian technique: The update adds the Coyote Recon Vehicle and the CH146 Transport Helicopter to the Canadian Forces faction.
- Amphibious vehicles: Vehicles are now amphibious: MTLB APC (RUS/MEA/MIL/INS), armored car BRDM2 (RUS/MEA/MIL/INS), IFV BTR80 + BTR82A (RUS/MEA/MIL/INS), IFV BMP1 (MEA/ MIL / INS) and BMP BMP2 (RUS / MEA).
You can find the full patch note here.
Also, to celebrate the release of the update, the developers plan to sell Squad at a 33% discount for the Steam Summer Sale.