NieR Replicant comes out completely remastered on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The beloved cult RPG on PS3 has received new content, new combat systems and major graphics improvements. Even with the success of game creator Yoko Taro with NieR Automata, interest in the first game in this very distinctive action-RPG series hasn’t waned. The new NieR Replicant brings the previous game up to the level of Automata, making it much more enjoyable to play.
The updated version of the game has a lot of new things, but almost all the most important things have remained the same – even if it looks much better. In particular, the endings remained the same.
Four different endings from the original version of the game have been preserved, and you will need to play through the game several times to see them. It will take at least three playthroughs to unlock all the content and fight the actual final boss. We will try to refrain from spoilers, so feel free to read on to find out in very general terms how to get all the endings.
All game endings
The original version of the game has four unique endings. To see everything in the game, you will need to play it at least three times – but do not worry, the passages will not be the same.
- Ending A: Just play through the game’s story as usual and save it to create a Clear Data file.
- Ending B: Load the clean data save file created after ending A to unlock the second half of the main story, and complete the game as usual.
- Ending C: Complete the game on both A+B endings and collect all 30 weapons. After defeating the final boss, you will encounter a new final boss. Defeat him and you will have a choice of two options. Choose the top one.
- Ending D: Conditions are identical to ending C. To get this ending, select the bottom option.
CAREFULLY: Selecting ending D will delete your save file. You won’t be able to download it again – you’ll have to start from the beginning.
ATTENTION: In Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139 there is another fifth ending that was not in the original.
- Ending E: Available only after obtaining Ending D and deleting the save file. After deleting the save file, create a new file (with a new name) and play through the game until you reach Aerie and fight the Shade boss.
All content after the boss will be new. You are waiting for new cut-scenes and events leading to a completely new ending.
A source: gameranx.com