Zinc is one of those raw materials that is hard to come by. It is needed in the repair of the ship, it is also a key component in the inventory, allowing you to develop technologies and tools.
What should you know about zinc?
Zinc in No Man’s Sky is a rare element in the oxide group. First of all, it is used to charge and create protective technologies such as ship shields or to repair damaged spaceships. Items that can be created using zinc include:
- Aeration Membrane Tau is an upgrade to Aeration Membrane that allows underwater exploration.
- Antimatter – used to craft Warp Cells, which is the fuel for the hyperdrive.
- Cannon Damage Theta – Increases ship speed.
- Grenade Propulsion – Upgrades the Plasma Grenade Launcher, which makes grenades move faster.
- Health Sigma module – improves the standard of living when other systems fail.
- Jetpack Booster Sigma – allows you to use the jetpack for a longer period of time.
- Pulse Jet Sigma – Increases the ship’s maneuverability and allows you to use boost for longer.
- Grenade Bounce – The addition to the Plasma Grenade Launcher causes grenades to bounce off surfaces.
- Reload Accelerant V1 – upgrade to Boltcaster for faster reload
- Reload Accelerant Tau – upgrade to Boltcaster for faster reload in series
- ShieldBoost Sigma – Increases blade strength and charge level.
Worth noting, unlike other elements included in oxides, zinc also upgrades the suit’s defense system. Thus, it protects us from injury caused by the unfavorable atmosphere of certain planets.
Where to look for zinc?
First of all, we can find zinc by searching the surface of planets. Specific yellow plants with ovoid flakes are the main source of zinc. It’s better to collect them (by pressing X on your keyboard) than to destroy them with a multi-tool. These plants are found on most if not all planets, albeit with varying levels of occurrence.
If you have trouble finding these plants, be sure to use a scanner. After use, look for the yellow oxide symbols. Even on the most unpredictable planets, there are always plants with zinc that will allow you to survive in an unfavorable atmosphere.
Finally, you can obtain zinc by dismantling equipment and technology, and by purchasing zinc from vendors in the Galactic Trade Network. Unfortunately, their price is high and is about 41 units per piece.