Sony has officially unveiled an updated version of the PlayStation Plus subscription, which will combine the features of the old version and PlayStation Now, as well as offer other features. The new variation will be divided into three types (although in fact there are four of them), differing in price and content.
- Provides the same benefits as a PlayStation Plus subscription such as:
- Two monthly downloadable games
- Exclusive discounts
- Cloud storage for game saves
- Access to multiplayer
- For current PlayStation Plus subscribers, there are no changes at this level.
- Price: $9.99 per month / $24.99 per quarter / $59.99 per year.
PlayStation Plus Extra
- Includes all level benefits Essential
- Up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games, including hits from PlayStation Studios and third-party developers. Extra level games can be downloaded to the console. It is already known that projects such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11 and Returnal will be available at launch.
- Price: $14.99 per month / $39.99 per quarter / $99.99 per year.
PlayStation Plus Premium
- The subscription is only available in regions where the PlayStation Now cloud service is available.
- Includes all level benefits Essential And Extra.
- Up to 340 additional games, including:
- PS3 games via cloud streaming;
- A catalog of classic PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable games available for both streaming and download.
- Ability to play games for PlayStaton 4 from a selection via streaming in the cloud.
- Time-limited trial versions of games.
- $17.99 per month / $49.99 per quarter / $119.99 per year.
PlayStation Plus Deluxe
- A special version of the PlayStation Plus Premium subscription for countries where the PlayStation Now cloud service is not available.
- Includes all the benefits of PlayStation Plus Premium except for the ability to play games via streaming.
- The price is lower than the PlayStation Plus Premium.
The new subscription service is expected to launch initially in several countries in Asia in June, and later in North America, Europe and the rest of the world. Sony expects the service to be available in most regions by the end of the first half of 2022.