Nexon announced the early access of the MMO action Warhaven at gamescom 2023 and shared details about the changes in the game after the open test. The game will be released in Steam Early Access on August 21 at 04:00 Moscow time.
The developers have revised some important elements of the game:
- Now the match involves 2 teams of 12 people (instead of 16), and the squad has been reduced to 3 players. This will reduce system requirements and avoid problems with the network component of the game. Players with similar rating and ping will be selected for the match.
- Added a 6v6 format with new modes such as Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.
- Dominion, Onslaught and Arms Race modes have been redesigned for the new match format and should be more intuitive and fun for players.
- The shapeshifting system is now only available once per match to make it more tactical.
- Monetization will not affect your character’s strength in combat and is focused on cosmetic items. There is a battle pass.
- There will be 5 maps in early access, on which different game modes will be available.
In addition, the developers presented a story trailer for the Blade character. We will learn his backstory and why he chose to participate in the battles.