Gameforge has officially announced the global version of the MMORPG Swords of Legends Online and launched pre-order kits. At the same time, the publisher published an article on the forum with answers to the most frequently asked questions about the game. The MMO13.ru portal has prepared for you the translation of all information into Russian.
When will the game be released?
- We are currently targeting a summer 2021 release.
What platforms will the game be released on?
- Swords of Legends Online will be available through the Gameforge client, Steam and the Epic Games Store.
What is the distribution model for Swords of Legends Online? Is this a free game?
- Swords of Legends Online is a Buy-to-Play title. You buy the game once and then you can play forever. There are three editions in different price ranges, starting at $ 39.99 / € 39.99.
Can I pre-order the game? Is there any benefit in this?
- Yes! You can find the pre-order page here: https://join.solo.gameforge.com/en_GB/
- Players who pre-order will not only have access to Closed Beta, but also exclusive in-game cosmetic items, and will be able to create their own character and reserve a name prior to launch.
- In addition, players who pre-order through the Gameforge client will receive beta codes for friends.
Will the game be released on consoles as well?
- There are currently no plans for a console release.
What is a Gameforge client? Where can I find out more about it?
Will all updates to the current Chinese version be available in the game?
- We will release the most recent version in terms of stability and bug fixes, as well as improved features (extended home ownership, air mounts) and class balance. However, while we will have most of the quality of life improvements available, we will not be releasing updates at the same time as other versions of the game due to the revamped content progression system. We want to provide our players with most of the content over the next weeks, months and years.
What milestones should you expect before release?
- We will go through several stages of client testing to get feedback, and we will also make corrections in between each of them. Dates will be announced in advance.
- Alpha will provide press and content makers with a first-time look at the world and appreciate content. Tell your favorite content maker about this if you want them to watch the game. Maybe he doesn’t know yet, but he should be!
- The beta will be split into two phases for players who pre-order or receive keys.
- Character Creation is available to all pre-order users shortly before launch so they can create their characters and reserve names before anyone else.
- A release is the official launch of the game, in which all users who have purchased the game can start playing.
Will there be closed beta testing? If so, how do I join?
- Yes, you can get guaranteed access to the closed beta for yourself by pre-ordering (through the Gameforge client or Steam) or using codes from your friends who pre-ordered (codes only work in the Gameforge client).
- Plus, various content makers like streamers and others will have access and codes to share with their community!
- Publishers will be giving away codes across a variety of channels, so be sure to keep an eye on social media! https://gleam.io/khUhu/solo-win-closed-beta-access
Where can I enter my beta code?
- You can enter your CBT code in the Gameforge client:
- Download and run GameforgeInstaller from the Gameforge website (https://gameforge.com/en-US/download) if you haven’t already.
- Open the Gameforge client or the Gameforge website.
- Log in to your existing Gameforge account or create a new one.
- Click on your account name and you will see the “Redeem Coupon” tab.
- After clicking on the “Redeem Coupon” tab, you can enter the code to participate in the Closed Beta.
- Once you select Redeem Voucher Code, Swords of Legends Online will be added to your Gameforge library. You will find the game in the Swords of Legends Online section and can immediately proceed to download and install the game.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to redeem additional codes via Steam or the Epic Games Store (although Steam only supports beta access for the purchaser in case of pre-order).
- Although the codes do not work on Steam or the Epic Games Store, you can download the Gameforge client to take part in the beta test, and after release, start playing on Steam or the Epic Games Store!
I pre-ordered the game but didn’t receive the beta code!
- Pre-ordering the base game in the Gameforge client and Steam gives you direct access to the closed beta, so no code is required.
- Two pre-order kits (Deluxe Edition and Collector’s Editions) are sold with additional Gameforge client codes to give out to friends. These codes will be mailed to you shortly after purchase.
- Please note that Friends Beta Codes are only sent to players who purchased the game through Gameforge and not when purchased through the Steam / Epic Games Store.
Does Swords of Legends Online support cross-platform play?
- The servers are common to all services, so you can play with all your friends on different platforms!
About the game
What is Swords of Legends Online?
- Swords of Legends Online is an MMORPG originally released in China by Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon. The game takes place in a gripping fantasy world with complex combat mechanics and a unique storyline based on Chinese mythology. The project offers 6 unique classes, an extensive housing system, and many more features for both MMO veterans and newbies.
What is the distribution model for Swords of Legends Online?
- Swords of Legends Online is a Buy-to-Play title. You buy the game once and then you can play forever at no additional cost (no subscription).
Will there be microtransactions?
- Swords of Legends Online will include a variety of cosmetic items (costumes, mounts, weapon skins, and more) that can be purchased at will. They will not affect the gameplay and are in addition to the already extensive visual customization system available in the game.
Is character customization only available through microtransactions?
- Not at all! Swords of Legends Online offers a huge amount of customization options available in regular gameplay.
- Every weapon, piece of armor, and more that you pick up throughout the game is unlocked forever as a skin that you can combine and match to your liking, giving your characters a variety of different themes and appearances!
What’s the difference between the three sets?
- Each version of the game will give you permanent access to the game after release, as well as access to closed beta testing if you purchase it before the end of the stage.
- The Deluxe and Collector’s Editions include additional luxury items. You can compare all 3 versions here -> https://join.solo.gameforge.com/
Will I lose anything if I don’t buy a more expensive set?
- All items obtained with these sets are purely visual, although they are exclusive.
Can I update my version of the kit later?
- Yes, this will be possible in the Gameforge client and Steam.
- Unfortunately, this is not possible on the Epic Games Store.
How do I get bonus items?
- When the game starts (but not during beta testing), we will send you bonus items via the in-game “Collect Gift Pack” feature (the icon below the minimap).
Will I only get bonuses for one character?
- Weapon mounts / suits / skins are unlocked for your entire account (you only need to request them once for each region), so you can enjoy their unique look on each of the characters.
What languages are supported?
- The game is fully translated into English, German and French. Voice acting is provided in English with subtitles in English, German and French. Chinese audio will not be available.
How does the structure of the world work? How can I get around?
- The game world consists of large zones separated by loading screens. The main modes of movement are horseback riding or teleportation.
How many classes are available in the game?
- At the time of release, 6 different classes will be available, each of which can have 2 different roles (ranged, melee, tank, support).
How many character slots are available?
- There will be 5 character slots available after release.
Are there different races?
- No, all characters are human.
Is there a gender reference?
- All available classes can be both male and female.
Will there be a standard tank-healer-damage dealer in the game?
- Yes, to be successful in Swords of Legends Online it is best to have a group of 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 damage dealers for 5 player content. PvE battles scale to 20-player raids, where you can have more room to change your lineup a bit.
Is there PvP? If so, is it an open world or a separate game mode?
- There are several PvP modes for small and large groups.
- Upon release, players can request a duel with other players in the open world.
In which regions will the game be available?
- The game will be available in Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, North Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Can I change the language of the game?
- In the Gameforge client, you can select the language in which your client will run (Settings> Game Language). The client must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
- On Steam, you can change the client language in Preferences (Properties …> Languages) by right-clicking the game in the library or, if you have the game’s page in the library open, by clicking on the steering wheel icon.
What servers will be available?
- We will offer two regional clusters – one in Europe (Germany) and one in North America (eastern US).
- Each server cluster will consist of multiple servers capable of supporting several thousand players!
Can I play with a gamepad?
- The game has partial controller support. Although we have our own settings for using a gamepad, some parts of the user interface may not be fully optimized for controllers.
Can I play on Mac or other operating systems?
- Swords of Legends Online is only supported on Windows (64-bit).
What are the system requirements to run Swords of Legends Online?
- Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: AMD FX-6300 or Intel Core i3-4130
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video card: GeForce GTX 760 or Radeon HD 7870
- DirectX: 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Recommended system requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel Core i5-6600K
- RAM: 16 GB
- Video Card: Radeon RX 580 or Nvidia GTX 980Ti
- DirectX: 12
- Network: Broadband internet connection
Is the game coming to Steam soon?
- Yes! You can already add Swords of Legends Online to your Steam Wishlist!
Can I pre-order on Steam?
- Yes, it will be possible.
Can I join the Closed Beta?
- Yes, you can get guaranteed access to closed beta testing for yourself by pre-ordering the game through the Gameforge client or Steam – no code required or sent.
- Beta codes can only be used through the Gameforge client, although Steam also allows you to participate in beta testing if you pre-order.
- You can download the Gameforge client to take part in beta testing, but still purchase the game on Steam to play after its release!