In the official discord server of Bethesda Game Studios, the developers of the space role-playing game Starfield held a session answering questions from players.
- The player will be able to purchase houses in different settlements: some can be bought, and some can be obtained from quests as a reward
- If the player chooses the “Kids Stuff” perk, the game will try to predict what the player character’s parents might look like based on their customized appearance. This technology has already been seen in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.
- The character has several backgrounds to choose from, but the start of the game will be one. In addition to the backstory, it will be possible to choose perks and create a unique character that will affect game events.
- The game has a smuggling system. The player will be able to buy special modules for their spaceship and transport items that are considered contraband.
- If you commit a crime, you can end up in jail or pay a fine. The system is similar to the one from Skyrim.
- The player will be able to play the role of a “double agent” and eventually betray the faction for which he worked. But it all depends on the actions of the player.
- The developers have tried to ensure that peaceful solutions to problems were almost always possible. But in some cases, an agreement will not work under any circumstances.
- The developers distinguish three groups of people according to religious beliefs: Sanctum Universum (they believe in a universal god and I think he is waiting for them somewhere in the universe), Enlightened (atheists who are convinced that a person should take care of himself and each other), House Va’ruun ( fanatics who believe in the Great Serpent).
- More than 20 companions can join the player’s team. The developers put a lot of effort into working out interaction with companions: they have their own backstory, their own views on the world and their own role in the game. Companions cannot level up or develop their skills, but they initially have a unique set of skills that will suit different situations. You can either leave them on the ship or go on an adventure with them. Companions can provide useful bonuses for a ship or act as combat support while traveling across planets. How many characters can be collected at the same time is not specified.
- In addition to well-developed characters, there are hired workers in the game who can be hired to work on outposts or on a ship.
- The game has mechs (combat robots controlled by humans), but only as a reminder of the past war in which they were used. They are banned and cannot be used.
Starfield is an upcoming space RPG from Bethesda Game Studio that promises thousands of planets, space travel, multiple storylines, and a new level of freedom in the game. The release is scheduled for September 6, 2023. The game will be released on PC and Xbox, and through an Xbox Game Pass subscription it will be available for free from day one. Russian language is not planned.