The developers of the anime-style adventure role-playing action game under the working title Project Mugen have published a new video. In it, the technical producer and game designer of the game revealed many interesting details about the upcoming new product that relate to the exploration of the world. We have written out the main points for you:
- You play as a chaos explorer who travels the world, making new friends and facing dangerous adventures.
- The authors hope that the project will offer players a new way to freely explore the urban metropolis.
- The team strives to combine the feeling of freedom with the vibe of a metropolis. To achieve this goal, they introduced technology that procedurally generates urban environments, allowing the rapid construction of an entire city, in addition to individual ecosystems that collectively create a cohesive and vibrant urban landscape.
- To make it easy to navigate the world, functions such as rocking, gripping, swimming, riding and driving are integrated into one intuitive system.
- With the so-called 3C system, you can easily switch between different modes of transportation as you navigate through and between the city’s skyscrapers.
- The developers strived to make the city in the game seem lively.
- Indoor scenes integrate seamlessly with the outside world, allowing players to easily explore shops and stores as they explore.
- With lively outdoor scenes, colorful cutscenes and unique life-like gameplay, Project Mugen will bring you the thrill of city life without ever leaving your home.
- In the future, the team will continue to explore the diverse opportunities that cities offer.
- The designers noted that outdoor objects should not just be decorations, but also objects to be vandalized or used, opening up new opportunities for exploration and interaction. Although it took a lot of effort, the developers believe that providing this kind of freedom is what is truly important when creating a game like Project Mugen.
- As you walk the streets, you can interact with almost any object you see.
Project Mugen is being developed for PC, PlayStation 5 and mobile devices running iOS and Android. The release date is still unknown, but official website you can already pre-register.