Frontier Developments has announced the launch of Phase 2 of the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey alpha on PC. It gives players access to starships, movement on them, and much more.
The list of the main unlocked features is as follows:
- Conflict zones can now be reached through the Frontline Solutions check-in counter.
- Commanders can fly starships and immediately receive the Cobra Mk III.
- Expand the playable area to approximately 20 light years.
- New spacesuit available for purchase: the Manticore Dominator combat suit.
- New starting system: Nervi.
- 300,000 starting credits for new commanders. (This amount will also be added to the balances of existing commanders).
The full update patch note can be found here. Below is a fresh trailer showing the conflict zones in the second phase of the alpha:
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will be released on PC in late spring 2021. The add-on is now pre-ordered and allows access to the current alpha version on Steam, Epic Games Store and Frontier Store.