From the latest financial report from Kakao Games, the approximate release dates for the company’s games have become known. The publisher spoke about what is going to be released in 2021 on the domestic market and around the world. Among them are both anticipated MMORPGs and unknown mobile projects.
The list of releases from Kakao Games for 2021 is as follows:
- Second quarter of 2021
- ODIN: Valhalla Rising (MMORPG, PC / Mobile) – South Korea
- Moonlight Sculptor (MMORPG, Mobile) – North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, Japan
- Friends Party Gold (Arcade, Mobile) – Global Market
- Third quarter of 2021
- Eternal Return: Black Survival (Battle Royale + MOBA, PC) – Global Market
- World Flipper (Pinball, Mobile) – South Korea, North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, Japan
- Kakaopage play [рабочее название] (Story Game, Mobile) – Global Market
- Q4 2021
- Elyon (MMORPG, PC) – North America, Europe
- ODIN: Valhalla Rising (MMORPG, PC / Mobile) – Taiwan
- Soul Artifact [рабочее название] (Collectible RPG, Mobile) – Global Market
- Dysterra (Survival Simulator + First Person Shooter, PC) – Global Market (Steam)
- Project king [рабочее название] (Puzzle, Mobile) – Global Marketplace.
As you noticed, there is no global version of ODIN: Valhalla Rising on the list. This may be due to the fact that the release will take place only in 2022, or the publishers are simply not ready to give even an approximate date.
Recall that in addition to the above games, the MMORPG ArcheAge 2 from XL Games studio, which became part of Kakao Games in February, is in development. The PC release will take place in 2024.
The publisher also talked about four games in development that have no dates yet:
- Uma Musume Pretty Derby (MMORPG, Mobile) – South Korea
- Project Ares (MMO Action RPG, PC / Mobile) – Global market excluding China
- Godess Order (Action RPG Side View, Mobile) – Global Market Except China
- Untitled Game by XL Games (MMORPG, Mobile) – Global Market