The development team of the multiplayer naval action game World Of Warships shared their plans for updates for the spring, summer and autumn of 2022.
The new roadmap provides information on what to expect from future patches and below is a short list of what’s new:
- Spring 2022:
- In update 0.11.4, which will be released very soon, early access to the new French cruisers VIII Cherbourg, IX Brest and X Marseille, armed with large-caliber weapons, will begin.
- The Arms Race will appear in Random and Co-op Battles, in addition to Ranked Battles.
- Summer 2022:
- In the summer, a branch of British battleships will be released into early access. These ships also have a secondary name of battlecruisers and rather represent a subclass of battleships.
- There will be a start of a new event “Battleship”, which is a classic, familiar game. A pass is required to participate, and the fights will take place with the help of AI.
- There will be a new iteration of the Convoy.
- At the end of the summer, the Puerto Rico shipyard will return.
- Some operations with aircraft carriers will return, for example, Cherry Blossom, Hermes, and Last Frontier.
- New iterations of Personal Challenges with a number of improvements.
- The return of USS Black and portal mini-games.
- Miscellaneous improvements: new map – Faroe Islands, updated Containers tab, tutorial tasks for new players, separation of visual elements and economic bonuses, changes to the combat camera, and updated models of US destroyers.
- Fall 2022:
- Tests of Japanese light cruisers will start in autumn.
- The event in honor of the 7th anniversary of the game starts and festive bonuses for combat results will appear.
- There will be Halloween with Transylvania Rescue, Beam in the Dark, and Terror of the Deep modes. The latter includes combat with submarines.
- New map. Its subject matter is still unknown, as the location is only going through the preliminary design stage, but judging by the art, it will be somewhere in the north.
Below you can find a video with a more detailed account of the developers’ plans up to the fall of 2022: