The Exterminator is the team’s crowd control specialist. The character of this class will focus on fighting zombies using Molotovs and/or Claymores, as well as fully automatic weapons. The class also offers various bonuses to the entire team, increasing the defense efficiency and resistance of the group members against fire and explosives.
Fighter class – general information
The Exterminator class is the team’s crowd control specialist, but focuses not on destroying opponents, but on restricting their movement. The main part of the class is the Molotov Cocktail, a well-known improvised explosive device capable of setting dozens of enemies on fire. The Fighter also has access to Claymore mines. The class is extremely effective when dealing with the Bull – a well-aimed Molotov will set fire to a special zombie, killing it in a few seconds, allowing the team to quickly eliminate the threat. Fighter perks increase the effectiveness of both Molotov and Claymore.
You start with a Molotov cocktail and a shotgun. In addition, all damage dealt by the Exterminator is increased by 25% when a swarm of zombies spawns, and with the appropriate perk (Daredevil) can be further increased.
Primary Class Perks: Firestarter, Bandolier, Hollywood II, and Daredevil.
Fighter – available perks
The Destroyer, like other character classes in World War Z, has access to 31 different perks. All of them are presented below:
0 – starting perk
You start with a Molotov and a Shotgun. You deal 25% more damage to zombies during attacks.
Molotov fire damage increased by 50%.
Molotovs burn 50% longer.
3. Crowd control
Melee damage radius increased by 50%.
4. Fury mode
When a zombie is captured, the character will automatically rise and push the attackers away. Does not affect special zombies.
5. All Elbows
Reduces zombie movement speed by 100%.
Increases the number of zombies required to pin a character from 8 to 12.
7. Dragon skin
Increases the character’s fire resistance by 90%.
8. Heavy metal
The character starts with an upgraded RPGL4 that deals 100% more damage.
9. Heavy Metal II
The character starts with the upgraded Taiga-12 Heavy Assault Shotgun, which deals 25% more damage and has 25% more ammo.
The ammo power of mortars and stationary machine guns has been increased by 25% for the entire team. Defense durability increased by 25% for the entire team.
11. Deep pockets
Increased ammo capacity for primary and secondary weapons by 25%.
Character health increased by 25%.
The character starts with an ARK-103 assault rifle.
14. Green Fingered
Claymores installation speed increased by 50%. Claymores can kill 25% more targets. The character starts with Claymore.
15. Fire trap
Claymore explosions set the area on fire. The character starts with Claymore.
16. Combat Engineer
20% chance to restore spent Protection Kit.
17. Second wind
The character has a 100% chance to recover 25% health and keep moving instead of becoming incapacitated. The ability has a cooldown of 120 seconds.
18. Job satisfaction
Destroying 15 zombies in quick succession grants a 100% chance to gain a temporary health boost.
19. Cloak and dagger
Killing 10 zombies quickly with a melee weapon grants a cloaking effect. The ability has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
20. Hollywood II
Explosion and fire damage to yourself and your teammates is reduced by 50%.
21. Broad shoulders
Heavy weapon ammo capacity increased by 25%.
22. Bullet Rain
The reload speed of all automatic weapons has been increased by 25%.
23. Third hand
Killing 10 zombies with melee attacks in quick succession instantly reloads your main weapon.
24. Party at my place
The character’s Molotov capacity has been increased to 3 and the Claymore ability has been increased to 4.
Destroying 15 zombies in quick succession grants a 25% chance to restore one charge of your equipment.
The character has a 15% chance to use Claymore or Molotov without depleting an equipment charge.
27. Production secret
Molotovs and Claymores can kill 25% more targets.
28. Hot Sauce
Molotov damage surge increased by 50%.
Automatically gains a cloaking effect if you are the last of your team. Does not apply if you are incapacitated or captured.
When there are more than 30 zombies in the area, firearm damage is increased by 25% and the number of melee hits is increased by 2.
Note. Firearm damage is the damage dealt by ranged weapons (shotguns, rifles, assault rifles, pistols, SMGs, etc.). This does not affect melee damage dealt by machetes and chainsaws.
Fighter – Tips
To summarize, we present a list of tips that will make playing the Exterminator character class easier and more efficient:
- The Fighter is the team’s control specialist. The class has access to the Molotov Cocktail, an explosive that sets enemies on fire, preventing them from moving and dealing continuous damage. With perks, Molotovs can cover a large area, killing most enemies – except bulls – in a matter of seconds.
- The Slayer has access to the Claymore. Mines can be placed anywhere on the battlefield and they will explode as soon as the enemy gets close to them. With the help of perks, Claymores can be made more deadly and even set fire to surviving enemies, like a Molotov.
- The class has the Bandolier perk, which increases the effectiveness of protection. The perk increases the ammo power of both the mortar and stationary machine gun, as well as increasing the overall durability of the defense. This perk is extremely valuable during zombie swarms.
- As soon as the horde spawns, the class gains a 25% bonus to all damage dealt. Moreover, the class can unlock the Daredevil perk, further increasing the damage and the number of melee attacks that can be performed without fatigue, provided that at least 30 zombies are near the character.
- The Slayer has one of the most powerful perks at his disposal – the Second Wind Perk allows the character to prevent being out of action, restoring 25% health in the process. The ability has a cooldown of 120 seconds and is extremely effective, especially on higher difficulty levels.
- The Ghost perk is one of the best in the game to use on higher difficulty levels. Once a character unlocks it, he/she will be disguised and become invisible to enemies if all of their allies are incapacitated.
- If the team encounters any defensive structures, have the Exterminator set them up. Thanks to the Combat Engineer perk, the character has a 20% chance to not use a protection kit, allowing it to be used more than once. This can be extremely useful at higher difficulty levels where every extra help is critical.
- The Fighter has a large bonus to the amount of ammo for heavy weapons. The Broad Shoulders perk increases the amount of heavy weapon ammo a character can store by 25%, allowing the Slayer to use the weapon more effectively. If there is a heavy weapon on the ground, consider giving it to the Slayer.
- Note that you will eventually unlock all perks, but you should focus on the one you really need as it will take a significant amount of supplies to unlock them.