Blizzard has added cross-platform multiplayer support to the multiplayer first-person shooter Overwatch without any preliminary announcements. This feature is now available in beta testing, and the developers are asking players to share feedback. It allows you to match players from PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch in a single match.
Here’s what you need to know about Overwatch crossplay:
- Cross-platform multiplayer does not work in competitive matches.
- Console players can disable this feature, while PC users have it always enabled.
- Aim assist is disabled for console players during cross-platform matches.
- You can add people from different platforms as friends to play together.
- The PC player will not be able to get into the Console Match even if they connect a gamepad.
Console players will now need to link their platform holder account to Battle.net. You can do this right in the game by simply scanning the QR code through your mobile phone. PC users do not need to do anything like that, since they already use Battle.net to log in to the game.