In House of Ashes, like other games in The Dark Pictures Anthology, it is very difficult to save all the characters: each of the characters strives to die in the most ridiculous way possible. In this guide, we have put together tips to help you get a good ending in the game by making it to the surface in full force and get the Golden Path achievement / trophy.
To get the best ending, you need to make informed decisions and perform QTE correctly. Here are the steps you need to take:
- at the head of the raid do not shoot into a fleeing shepherd;
- at the head of the Temple cut the rope and let Rachel fall into the abyss – she will survive after the fall;
- at the head of “After the Fall”, playing as Salim, complete successfully QTEwhen he runs away from the monster: this is how he learns about their vulnerability to sunlight;
- at the head of the “Killer”, carefully examine the area, to find an old medical kit;
- at the head of the “Truce” when you meet Salim as Nick, select support option after the monster story. Here complete successfully QTEwhen you sneak past the monster;
- at the head of “Bloodbath” don’t help to the infected Clarisse to jump over the abyss;
- at the head of “Signal” when facing monsters select battle, not retreat. Try to shoot as many monsters as possible – this will make future skirmishes with them easier;
- at the head of “Assault” when Balatu approaches you, select crucifix, not a rifle. Playing as Salim shoot the monster attacking Rachel. Before the escape select the save Eric option instead of retreat;
- at the head of “Strange Aeons” do nothingwhen Rachel takes out the knife to use the white phosphorus. In dialogues select desperation options twice in a row. Successfully complete QTE with explosives. When Salim has a choice between assertiveness and caution, choose assertiveness. Successfully complete QTEwhen Clarissa appears.
- in the final battle successfully complete all QTE.
That’s all you need to do to save all the heroes of House of Ashes. Good luck!