Kakao Games reported financial results in 2023, and also shared plans to launch a dozen projects in 2024, among which is the Korean version of Path of Exile 2. The presence of the expected action-RPG in the list of games from Kakao Games is not surprising, as the company is partners with Grinding Gear Games and publishes Path of Exile in South Korea. But plans to launch the game in the second half of 2024 look intriguing. Let us remind you that earlier the developers did not announce the launch date of the game, but only announced the start of the closed beta test on June 7, 2024.
Plans for the next two years look very ambitious and include games from a variety of genres and for a variety of platforms. I would like to immediately upset fans of the MMORPG ArcheAge: do not expect ArcheAge 2 before 2025. Also, don’t expect a global version of Ares: Rise of Guardians in 2024. In addition, a console action RPG is planned for 2025 The Swordmaster’s Youngest Sonconsole looter shooter Project Sas well as MMORPG Project Q for PC and mobile platforms.
In 2024, we can expect a lot of localizations and several new projects. The most interesting of them:
- Mobile pixel side scroller Goddess Order was once again postponed, this time to the 2nd quarter of 2024.
- MMORPG ROM: Remember of Majesty will be released on PC and mobile platforms on February 27, 2024.
- MMORPG ArcheAge War is preparing for release in Asia in the first half of 2024.
- MMORPG in the Scandinavian setting Odin: Valhalla Rising will reach Europe and North America in the second half of 2024.
- Co-op isometric shooter Blackout Protocol will be released from Steam Early Access in the second half of 2024.
- A couple of blockchain projects will be released in the second half of 2024.