Krafton has published a roadmap for a battle royale game called PUBG: Battlegrounds, in which they talked about plans for 2023. The article turned out to be really big, so if you want to know everything in great detail, you can read the original in English. We have summarized the main points for you below:
- Various changes will be made to Normal Mode, including improving item/blue zone/vehicle spawn rates, updating tactical equipment, and adding a new respawn system.
- All existing 8km maps will be moved to Ranked mode, and new maps will be added there as soon as they are stabilized. There will also be a rotation of cards in the rating.
- Items from normal matches such as the Blue Zone Grenade, Folded Shield, and Emergency Pickup will be moved to Ranked Mode. Ranked mode rewards will increase.
- All changes made in Ranked Mode will apply to official PUBG Esports matches as well.
- Achieving a balance between 5.56mm and 7.62mm weapons.
- New weapons and mechanics.
- New map “Neon”.
- New transport, including land, air and water.
- Dynamic weather system.
- New visual effects.
- Improvement of old maps.
- New tutorial mode.
- New modes ranging from Battle Royale reimaginings to brand new gameplay.
- The developers are now trying to transfer one of the maps to a new version of the engine.
- There are plans to add modding capability. This will allow players to create their own modes and maps.
- The possibility of destruction of buildings is being studied.
- More modes for Arcade.
- The ability to earn points in the Arcade and exchange them for items.
- Clan system – will appear in mid-2023.
- Adding new skins and improving old ones.
- Improved anti-cheat.
The authors noted that if necessary, some plans may change.