During EA Play Live, Electronic Arts unveiled the Portal mode for the upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter Battlefield 2042. This is a kind of sandbox that includes reworked versions of maps from three games in the series:
- Battle for the Bulge (Battlefield 1942)
- Al Alamein (Battlefield 1942)
- Valparaiso (Battlefield Bad Company 2)
- Arica Harbor (Battlefield Bad Company 2)
- Caspian Border (Battlefield 3)
- Noshahr Canals (Battlefield 3)
- + 7 more cards
In this mode, more than 40 types of weapons, over 30 gadgets and more than 40 types of equipment will be available. Users will be able to customize the battle conditions in detail using a special editor. For example, you can change the amount of health, change weapons after a kill, and so on.
The developers promise to support this mode after the release of Battlefield 2042, which will take place on October 22, 2021, regularly adding new content.