The recent 72nd broadcast of Letter from the Producer Live focused on the next major update 6.2: Buried Memory for the MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV. During the stream, we were told in detail about the content that will be added to the game. By tradition, in this article we have collected all the most important information for you. But first, let’s take a look at the brand new trailer.
What’s new in patch 6.2
- Continuation of the main scenario.
- Continued side quests Tataru’s Grand Endeavor and Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (patch 6.25).
- New weapon upgrade quests will be part of the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures storyline in patch 6.25.
- Omicrons will be added as the last Tribe quest in patch 6.25; their assignments are for the Disciples of the Land (gathering) classes.
- New instanced dungeon The Fell Court of Troia as part of the main scenario.
- A new challenge without a name, as well as its analogue of the Extream difficulty.
- Pandæmonium: Abyssos as a new regular raid (8 players). The Savage difficulty version will be released one week after the release of 6.2 (August 30). The team wants to see how the phased release and receipt of tomostons will affect the situation.
- Replacing the Unreal challenge with the Containment Bay S1T7. It features Sephiroth from the Heavensward expansion’s Warring Triad scenario.
- Improvements to the quests of the main scenario continue – Duty Support (passing with bots) is received by the dungeons of Snowcloack, The Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, The Aery and The Vault.
- In The Steps of Faith, you can now fight in single player mode, and the Thornmarch battle against the good king Moggle Mog XII has been redesigned.
- Changes to classes, including their PvP iterations.
- Patch 6.2 will add a Sanctuary Island, and Patch 6.25 will add the Variant Dungeons and Criterion Dungeons. These are the new content types in Final Fantasy XIV.
- Signs and portraits of players leave the beta testing stage and go into the official release.
- New currency Allagan Tomestones of Causality and high-level equipment.
- The ability to request repairs from other players, including during activities.
- Toggle to display the combo sequence in the action list
- New rare materials that can be mined.
- Increased glamor chest capacity from 400 to 800 slots.
- Changed the order of completing the Return to Ivalice quests. Removing Makin’ Bacon (Bread) and Wok on By quests.
- Preparations for the 7.0 graphics update are underway. Pre-implementation of optimized graphics processing will reduce frame rate drops when the GPU is under heavy load. A beta version of the dynamic resolution feature will be added to Windows, PS4, and PS5 clients. This function adjusts the resolution of 3D graphics according to the current load on the GPU. You can turn it on in the settings to prioritize frame rate over resolution.
- No reworks, just minor adjustments to a few classes.
- The meaning of the adjustments will be explained. You can find them in the Job Guides section after the patch notes are released.
- Abilities that guaranteed critical and direct hits did not benefit from buffs/debuffs that increased the number of critical and direct hits. To address this issue, these abilities will now deal more damage due to these buffs/debuffs.
- Abilities that guaranteed direct hits did not benefit from the Direct Hit Speed attribute. To address this issue, these abilities will now deal more damage based on the value of direct hits. Other abilities continue to receive standard benefits.
Changes in PvP
- Ability adjustments in PvP.
- The return of the Hidden Gorge map.
- The second series in PvP begins. The available rewards will be updated and the streak level/experience will be reset. Rewards for the first series can be received before the end of the second series.
- The third season of Crystalline Conflict will begin in version 6.2. To encourage everyone to give their best, the team has made demotions to Crystal and Diamond ranks possible.
- If you are demoted by losing a match with 0 points in Crystal, you will be demoted to Diamond rank with two stars. If you get demoted to Diamond 5, you return to Platinum 1 with two stars.
- Due to the demotion, all ranked characters will start the third season with Bronze 3. The final place in the ranking will be determined by the highest number of points scored during the season.
- If you reach the rank of Crystal but are demoted, your progress will be saved and you will still be able to claim the required rewards.
- Matchmaking for Crystalline Conflict has undergone a general adjustment. The new improved matchmaking will dynamically adjust matchmaking based on the current number of players and more.
- Leaving the game is punished even more severely.
- Players will be able to obtain two portrait elements, achievements and titles for all levels reached during the season (including Season 1 and Season 2).
- On the first floor is the Proto Carbuncle.
- The number of copies of Abyssos Mythos II required for head, arm, and leg gear will be reduced from 6 to 4. Exchange rate adjustments do not apply to previously introduced raids, including Asphodelos.
Equipment in Pandæmonium: Abyssos
During the stream, we showed images of various equipment that can be obtained in the Pandæmonium: Abyssos raid.
Omicron tribe quests
Patch 6.25 will add new gathering-based tribal quests featuring omicrons. Their territory is in Ultima Thule.
- Movement speed is higher here, and sprint and respawn cooldowns are reduced.
- Sanctuary Island’s UI elements include a Material Pouch and a Gathering Log.
- Gathering does not require the Gatherer to level up. Island Exp is earned here.
- In the crafting menu, the creation of items is instantaneous. Again, you don’t need to level up an artisan to participate in this process.
- Here you can build a base of operations. The necessary components can be created in this menu.
- Some buildings are built instantly, while others may have a long timer during which the construction phase passes.
- Your Hideout will rank up and you will be able to collect a special island currency that can be exchanged for rewards.
- Plant and grow crops.
- Net wild animals and bring them to the pasture where you can take care of them and feed them food.
- You will be able to harvest from the animals you care for.
- You can view the status of your animals and even give them names.
- You will be able to build more plots, but at some point you will need to improve the tools.
- Up to 40 of your minions can be on the island.
- Variant Dungeons will appear in patch 6.25.
- Variant Dungeons are dungeons with variable difficulty, formerly known as Criterion Dungeons. They are designed to be played in a group of 1-4 level 90 players.
- There are no restrictions on roles, and class changes are allowed.
- The first dungeon of this type is called The Sil’dihn Subterrane.
- In Variant Dungeon, you can use special abilities to make up for the lack of role-binding.
- You can choose two special abilities, depending on which the progress of the passage will change.
- Of course, treasure boxes will appear here, as well as ordinary mobs and bosses with their own mechanics.
- Criterion Dungeons are higher-difficulty versions of the Variant Dungeons designed for groups of up to four players. The lineup should include one tank, one healer and two DPS.
- They are visually similar to Variant Dungeons, but the structure and enemies are different.
- Variant Dungeons have two difficulties: Normal and Savage.
- Groups of less than four people are supplemented by selection.
- Normal resurrection methods are prohibited, but you can use the Variant Raise II ability multiple times.
- Enemies will become stronger if they are not defeated within a certain time.
- All enemies respawn after your group is knocked out.
- The first dungeon will be called Another Sil’dihn Subterrane.
- The intro shows areas not found in Variant Dungeons. The beginning is also different.
- Mobs are patrolling the area and you need to defeat them all for the boss to spawn.
- The Savage difficulty version is for players who want to challenge themselves. In this mode, there are no orange indicators on the ground for some mechanics.
New housing items
New items for the homeownership system were introduced.
- The Eorzean Symphony returns in December. The venue will be the Tokyo Garden Theater with conductor Hirofumi Kurita and the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Ticket application will be open exclusively to Final Fantasy XIV players until August 21st. Details will be announced on the Lodestone page. The official glowing flower of Elpis will be available as merchandise.
- Final Fantasy XIV will be attending the PAX Australia 2022 event from October 7th to 9th. More detailed information will be published later.
- From August 15 to August 19, the Final Fantasy XIV Twitch channel will be live streaming, featuring many of your favorite farmyard animals.
- Patch notes for 6.2 will be published on August 23, at 9:00 Moscow time.
- The eighth 14-hour broadcast will return on October 8th.
- The official paladin jacket from Endwalker is being developed in collaboration with Insert Coin.
- The Unending Journey Volume 1 (containing ARR/HW/SB) is now available in Japan. These are records of the past adventures of the Warrior of Light in the form of a digital book.
Update 6.2: Buried Memory for Final Fantasy XIV will be released on August 23, 2022.