Cosina has unveiled the Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 50mm F2 Aspherical VM lens with a Leica M mount. The full-frame manual focus lens is built on an apochromatic scheme that corrects spherical aberration and chromatic aberration for the three primary colors to obtain high resolution and contrast throughout the frame.
The advantages of the lens also include compactness and low weight. According to the manufacturer, the 12-blade aperture forms a perfectly circular aperture in the fully open position and at f / 2.8 and f / 5.6, allowing for beautiful out-of-focus blur.
Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 50mm F2 Aspherical technical data:
- Focal length – 50 mm;
- Field of view angle – 46.2º;
- Construction – 10 elements in 8 groups;
- Maximum aperture – f / 2.0;
- The minimum aperture is f / 16;
- The minimum focusing distance is 0.7 m;
- The number of diaphragm blades – 12;
- Filter installation diameter – 49 mm;
- Diameter – 55.6 mm;
- Length – 53.0 mm;
- Weight – 288 g.
The lens is expected to hit the Japanese market in mid-January for 120,000 yen. For 10,000 names, it will be possible to purchase the LH-13 metal hood.