The first planned technical work in 2024 will bring promised changes to the balance of weapons, increased convenience in the group and a lot of other changes to the MMORPG Throne and Liberty. This update will be installed on the night of January 2-3, 2024. Estimated work time is 5 hours.
First of all, the developers talked about new game content that will appear in the coming week:
- The first archboss is Queen Bellandir, who will appear every Sunday at 16:00 Moscow time. On January 7th, players will meet this world boss for the first time in the sands of Sandworm Lair.
- The Lift the Moonligth Spell night event will begin to take place in the Grayclaw Forest location. The werewolf boss Kowazan will appear, which, depending on the time of day in the game, will be presented in different forms: human or lycan. In addition, Kowazan Risftstone and Grayclaw Forest Boonstone will become available for capture.
- Access will open to Saurodoma Island – an island east of Stonegard, also known as “Lizard Island”. You can get to it using the flying whale Gigantrite.
Changes to co-op dungeons and group play functionality
Work continues on party functionality and group dungeons. First of all, the developers increased the accrual of daily tokens and their maximum value. Now at level 50, 900 points are given out every day, with a maximum value of 4500. Let us remind you that opening a chest in a level 50 dungeon requires 300 points.
Added the ability to create a special box with weapons from items obtained in group dungeons. As a result, players who were unable to get it in dungeons will be able to get it in an alternative way.
A new group tag system will be added. In total, 8 of them can be installed using “hot keys”, and in the future this system will be further developed. It will be possible to join a new group without first leaving the current one – you will simply move from one group to another.
First cosmetic skins for weapons
Added the first cosmetic skins for weapons. They cost 600 lucents and will be sold from January 3 to January 31, 2024. They cannot be transferred, destroyed, or stored in a warehouse, but will be available in the character appearance menu.
Weapon balance edits
The developers have not forgotten about the promised balance changes. Perhaps they turned out to be not as significant as the players expected:
- The Annihilating Slash skill of the Sword weapon has received an increase in damage to both normal targets and weakened ones. In addition, several errors in the operation of the skills of this weapon have been corrected, including a situation in which the Counter Barrier skill counterattacked twice.
- The Knife Throwing skill of the Dagger weapon can now be used after 18 seconds versus 24 previously. A bug that canceled the target’s movement speed debuff received from this skill was also fixed.
- DaVinci’s Courage weapon skill Greatsword at epic level gives a bonus to attack speed for all parties, and does not increase the duration of the buff on health points. Death Blow and Gaia Crash skills have received a damage increase.
- The Mana Recoup Technique skill on Crossbow weapons now restores more mana. For example, at level 5 590 versus 485 previously.
- The Dicisive Sniping skill of the Longbow weapon can now be reused after a crit for six seconds, rather than the previous three.
- The Staff weapon received an increase in damage for the skills Inferno Wave and Judgment Lightning, and the Serial Fire Bombs skill sets fire to everyone within a 3-meter radius of the affected target.
- The Cursed Nightmare skill now affects the target for 9 seconds instead of 6. Damage from basic attacks increases by 10% for each stack of the Touch of Despair skill, and a bug has been fixed where the damage from this skill was abnormally increased.
Improved player experience
The developers have introduced a number of changes and improvements based on player feedback:
- Now in classic mode, by clicking the left mouse button, you can specify where to move the character.
- By holding down the left Alt button, you can move UI elements.
- Saved keyboard shortcuts are now stored on the server, and there is no need to reconfigure them on a new computer, or when completely reinstalling the game.
- Improved mouse cursor behavior when selecting both enemy and friendly targets.
- Contract Tokens: Abyss received during events are now immediately accumulated in the general pool, rather than being added to the player’s backpack as a separate item.
- When you hover over the map, the time until day and night changes is displayed.
- Environmental sounds can now be adjusted separately from other sound effects.
- Improved notifications for guild quests.
- Some interface elements have been changed to make them easier to understand.
- Some tasks in the codes have been made easier.
- Improved usability of the gamepad.
- Added new game tips.
In addition, several dozen minor game bugs, typos and problems have been fixed.
New Battle Pass
The first battle pass is ending and it’s time for a new one. It will contain both a free version and a paid version for 19,900 won and will be available from January 3 to January 31, 2024. In addition to useful game items, in the paid version you can get new amita, ground transformation and costume.